Doraville Tree Ordinance – Within The City Limits
The City of Doraville deems it necessary and desirable in the interest of public health, safety, and welfare to enact an Ordinance for the conservation, planting, and replacement of Trees and to prevent the indiscriminate removal of trees and reduction of canopy cover within the City of Doraville.
Permit Required: Yes
Any tree in fair or better condition, which qualifies for special consideration for preservation due to size, species, or condition, and which meets the following:
- 24″ DBH—large Hardwoods Such As Oaks, Hickories, Yellow Poplars, Sweet Gums, Etc.
- 30″ DBH—large Softwoods Such As Pines, Deodar Cedars, Etc.
- 4″ DBH—shall Trees Such As Dogwoods, Redbuds, Sourwoods, Etc.
- Complete the tree removal application (if a tree removal service is applying for the permit, it must have a valid Occupational Tax License from the State of GA and current liability insurance).
- The applicant shall be assigned a permit having a designated permit number which shall be displayed at the location of the removal.
- All tree debris must be removed from the site after the tree has been cut down
- After the location has been inspected by the City Arborist and it is shown that the trees, shrubs, limbs and all debris have been collected and removed from the premises, the permit shall be signed by the City Arborist indicating all work has been completed. Failure of the applicant to remove the limbs, trunks, and debris from the premises, or the failure of the applicant to receive the signature of the City Arborist, shall subject the applicant to the punishment as set out herein.