Permit required: Yes
The removal of five (5) or fewer Trees, other than Landmark Trees or Trees needed to meet the minimum 100″ (inches) per acre , is allowed with a permit (no fee associated with this permit) on any Residential Lot within a single calendar year. For more information please visit their website.
Specimen Tree : A Landmark Tree is any Tree which qualifies for special consideration for preservation due to its size, type and condition. The following criteria are used by the City to identify Landmark Trees. Both the size and condition criteria must be met for a tree to qualify.
- 27-inch Caliper at DBH -Oak, Beech, Ash, Blackgum, Sycamore, Hickory, Maple (does not include Silver Maple), Pecan, Walnut, Magnolia (does not include Bigleaf Magnolia), Persimmon, Sourwood, Cedar, Cypress or Redwood
- 30-inch Caliper at DBH – Tulip Poplar, Sweet Gum, River Birch, Silver Maple or Pine
- 10-inch Caliper at DBH- American Holly, Dogwood, Redbud or another genus as determined by the City Arborist such as Bigleaf magnolia
Minimum Size Criteria:
- Life expectancy greater than 15 years;
- Relatively sound and solid trunk with no extensive decay or significant structural deficiencies;
- No more than two major and several minor dead limbs (excluding pine for minor limbs); and
- A radial trunk dieback of no more than 20% or a canopy dieback of no more than 30%