Permit Required : Yes
- Any hardwood or pine tree 18″ Diameter at Breast Height (DBH) or larger
- A Dogwood or Redbud 10′′ DBH or larger
- Any tree located within the Chattahoochee River Corridor or a Stream Buffer (the Chattahoochee River Corridor is any property within 2000 feet from the banks of the Chattahoochee River. A Stream Buffer is the 75′ protection corridor along designated streams and bodies of water)
- If a hardwood or pine tree is less that 18″ DBH, or a Dogwood or Redbud tree is less than 10″ DBH, AND not located in a stream buffer , AND your property is not in the River Corridor , you do not need a permit.
- A tree removal permit is not required if the tree is dead, dying, or hazardous. However, you must notify the City Arborist at email@example.com with evidence in the form of a report or pictures.
- Hardwood tree 27 inches DBH or larger;
- Pine tree 30 inches DBH or larger; or
- Dogwood or redbud tree ten inches DBH or larger being in fair or better condition.