Permit Required: Yes
- If you are cutting down more than five (5), non-specimen, trees in a calendar year
- If you are cutting down a healthy specimen tree
- Standards for the identification, preservation, and protection of specimen trees shall be as follows: Any tree in fair or better condition which equals or exceeds the following diameter sizes: Specimen Tree :
- Large hardwoods, i.e., oaks, hickories, yellow poplars, and similar species: 30 inches DBH.
- Large softwoods, e.g., pines, evergreens, and similar species: 30 inches DBH.
- Small trees, e.g., dogwoods, redbuds, sourwoods, and similar species: 10 inches DBH