A tree company is only as good as its lead arborist, and becoming certified is only the beginning. A career in arboriculture begins with the arborist certification through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). It’s what happens after certification, the experience, training, and education that turns a certified arborist into a great arborist. Atlanta Arbor Tree Care Specialist makes it a priority to keep our arborists as up to date as possible to be able to give the very best service to our customers.
Our Arborist Representatives are either certified arborists or trained in the profession of arboriculture, so the details of tree science and tree work can be explained to you when you receive your estimate and/or consultation. The average client isn’t expected to be well-versed in all of the specifics and knowledge of trees, that’s why we’re here. Often people are surprised when they call us to have a tree removed but it can actually be saved, or when they learn exactly what kind of trimming their trees need and why. Your representative is going to be able to provide you with this valuable advice that is not just useful in helping you make good, balanced decisions, it’s educational, too!
- Did you know that trees shaded surfaces can be 20-45°F (11-25°C) cooler than surfaces in direct sun, helping homeowners reduce summer cooling costs? So a strong healthy tree next to your home is actually a good thing.
- Trees, like almost all living organisms, fight off diseases and attacks by bugs and bacteria. Also unlike humans, trees never “heal” an infected part of themselves, they just wall off their sick parts and grow around them, effectively “sweeping their problems under the rug.” A rotten spot in a tree is not always detrimental to the tree; a healthy tree will compartmentalize the rotten area with special protective layers of cells and just keep adding layers of wood around it.
Our arborists and representatives are excited and passionate about their job and saving trees whenever possible. Making good decisions about trees isn’t easy, that’s why we emphasize education and science. Our certified arborists have the training and experience to explain how and, more importantly, why a certain type of work is recommended.
A skilled arborist will know what can be reasonably done to save a sick tree. There are many weapons in our arsenal to combat disease and restore a tree to good health. We are specialists at analyzing unhealthy or declining trees, helping to save trees with structural problems, or deciding which ones truly pose a hazardous threat to a home. The following is a list of the top reasons for a tree’s decline or stress, and the results occurring from the various stresses.
- Watering Too Little Or Too Much
- Crowding From Other Trees, Greenery, Physical Structures
- Incorrect Planting
- Mechanical Injury Below Ground, And Above
- Soil Problems
- Improper Pruning
- Poor Health, Poor Appearance
- Fungal Infections
- Bacterial Infections